The Foundations And Concepts of Islam
He also says,
“Allaah is the Creator of all things.”
He created men in order to worship Him and made that clear to them. He commanded them to obey Him, forbidden them from disobeying Him and made that clear to them. He gave them power and will by which they could carry out the Commandments of Allaah and get reward; and by which they could perpetrate acts of disobedience, and get punished.
If man believes in the Divine Preordainment, he will achieve the following:
1. He will depend on Allaah while making use of the means; for he knows that the means and its causes are all by Divine Pre-decree of Allaah.
2. Peace of mind and tranquillity; for when he knows that it is Allaah Who gives that and that the preordained detestable thing shall happen no matter what, he will have rest of mind and he will be pleased with the decision of Allaah. There will not be anyone who will be more pleased and have more peace of mind than him Who believes in Divine Preordainment.
3. He will not be arrogant when he attains what he aims; for he will know that the attainment of that blessing is from Allaah through the means of good and success He has pre-decreed. He will therefore thank Allaah for that.
4. He will not be sad or distressed when the desired goal is missed or when the unwanted happens; because of his knowledge that it happens through irresistible Decree of Allaah. For no one can resist His Command or appeal His judgement. What he has pre-decreed will inevitably happen. He will therefore be patient and get the reward thereof from Allaah. Allaah says,
“No calamity befalls on earth or in yourselves, but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allaah. In order that you may not grieve at the things that you fail to get, nor rejoice over that which has been given to you. And Allaah likes not prideful boasters.”
5. Complete dependence on Allaah. For the Muslim knows that, it is only Allaah Who has the power to cause benefit or harm. He will then not fear any powerful person because of his power and will not hesitate to do good deeds out of fear of any man. The Prophet told Ibn Abbaas: “Know that if all mankind are unanimous on benefiting you, they cannot benefit you with anything except with that which Allaah has predecreed for you. If they are also unanimous on harming you, they cannot harm you except with that which Allaah has predecreed for you.”