The Etiquettes of Dua (Supplication)
372. â€œWhen God sent prophet Moses (AS) to Pharaoh, He said to Moses: Tell him that I am more speedy in Mercy and forgiveness than wrath and punishment.â€
In another Hadith, we read:
* * *
373. â€œWhen Pharaoh was being drowned, instead of invoking God, he invoke Moses (AS). God inspired him: O Moses! You did not help him since you had not created him but if he had asked Me for help, I would have helped him.â€
Mohammad Ibne Khaled has reported in his book on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):
374. â€œWhen prophet Jonah (Yunus) reached the sea where Korah (Qarun) was, Korah said to his guardian angel: What is this sound and fear I hear? The angel said: This is Jonah whom God has imprisoned in the stomach of fish and made him go round the seven seas and end up in here. this sound and fear is for his sake.
Korah said: do you permit me to speak to him? The angel said: Yes.
Then Korah (Qarun) said to Jonah (AS): Why donâ€™t you repent to your Lord?
Jonah said: Why didnâ€™t you yourself repent to your Lord? Korah said: I repented to Moses (AS) but he did not accept it. However, if you repent to God, you will receive His Mercy in the first step you take. Donâ€™t you see how kindly He treats His servants and how He showers them with His mercy?â€
One of the signs of Godâ€™s mercy is that He has encouraged believers to recite Dua for their brothers in faith saying: Call upon Me with a tongue you have not committed sin and that is the tongue of others.â€
One of the other signs of Godâ€™s mercy are those Hadiths which encourage believers to offer the reward of prayers for the deceased. God has sent manifold reward for it in a way that it has been reported on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):
* * *
375. â€œWhoever enters a cemetery and recites the Quranic Chapter, Yaseen, God will reduce punishment on the deceased buried in that cemetery on that day and good deeds will be written for this person, as many as the number of the deceased.â€
Imam Sadeq (AS) has said:
* * *
376. â€œThe reward of prayer, fast, Hajj, alms, Dua, and charity after the death of a person goes to him and its reward is written both for those who perform these deeds and for the dead person.â€
Imam Sadeq (AS) has also said:
* * *
377. â€œEvery muslim who does a good deed on behalf of a dead person, God will give him a double reward and benefit the dead person.â€
The third sign of Godâ€™s bountiful mercy is His decree to the Holy Prophet of Islam (SAW) when He said:
* * *