They ask you about menstruation, say: Menstruation is a discomfort (for women.) Do not establish sexual relations with them during the relations with them during the menses and do not approach them (sexually) until the blood stops. Then when they have cleansed themselves, you go into them as Allah has commanded you.” Two reasons for this verse:1) To tell that menstruation is a discomfort for women
1) Women are mentally depressed
when they have their menstruation but, when they have sex, women are mentally
aroused. Therefore, sex during
menstruation is a mental disturbance for women.
2)Men discharge semen during intercourse. Discharge of blood from menstruation by a woman effects his performance.
3) Urinary tract infections for men occur easily due to the discharge of a woman during her menstruation because the discharge grows bacteria easily.
4) Increase in blood pressure, heart rate, and basal metabolic rate occurs right before a woman’s menstruation. If sex takes place, those three would increase even more resulting in excessive bleeding.
5) Women dislike intercourse during their menstruation because of her many physical pains.
6) During menstruation, women increase in nervous tension, greater muscular excitability, yawning and stiffness in the neck, and their sleep is heavier than usual. Along with the loss of appetite, there are digestive and intestinal disturbances.
7) Mental disturbances like depression and irritability commonly occur during a woman’s menstruation.
8) Bowel habits are disturbed during menstruation and having intercourse would disturb it even more.
9) Having sex during menstruation can change the normal balance cycle of the woman’s menstruation.